Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for Admission
Candidates who qualify in JAM 2023 must fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admissions to IITs.
- Candidates should have passed an undergraduate degree or should be currently studying in their final year of undergradue programme. Proof of having passed the undergraduate degree should be submitted by September 29, 2023.
- Candidates promoted without a marksheet should produce a certificate stating the subjects studied in that semester/year duly signed by the Head of the Institute.
- Foreign nationals with Indian degree are eligible to apply, subject to policy of the Admitting Institute.
At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. The admitted candidates may also have to undergo a Physical Fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. Admission is liable to be cancelled if a candidate is found physically unfit to pursue their chosen course of study.
- It is responsibility of the candidates to prove that they satisfy the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admission.
- The Admitting Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of candidates who are found to have been admitted to a Programme to which they are not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in effect.