Candidates can apply for JAM 2023 only through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) available through “Candidate Portal” button on the website https://jam.iitg.ac.in from
September 7, 2022 till October 11, 2022. Candidates have to first register on JOAPS website, by providing their name, a valid e-mail address, an active mobile number and setting a password.
Upon successful registration, candidate’s Enrolment ID and OTP will be sent to the e-mail address and mobile number provided by the candidate. The candidate needs to use this Enrolment ID
or e-mail address along with the password for submitting the application. Candidates are advised to keep the Enrolment ID and the password safe and confidential.
JOAPS portal provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the JAM 2023 Administration. With this interface, a candidate can:
- Apply for the examination online.
- Upload photograph, signature, and other documents like certificate (for SC / ST / PwD)
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes.
- Check the status of the application form such as Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, and Admit card ready for download.
- Candidates are strongly advised to fill the application form on their own. If someone else is filling the application on behalf of the candidate, the candidate must ensure that the data submitted are correct.
- Candidates must give an e-mail address that they use frequently, as all communication to the candidate for JAM 2023 will be sent to this e-mail address.
- The candidate must not use somebody else's e-mail address and only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address.
- Similarly, candidates should provide their personal mobile number and are advised to use the same number until the results are declared because most of the communication may also be sent via SMS. A candidate should submit only one application form even if the candidate wants to appear for two Test Papers. Multiple applications submitted by a candidate are liable for rejection. Hence, DO NOT submit multiple application forms.